What happens if I travel in couchette with a general ticket?
The penalty for traveling in a sleeper coach with a general ticket. 2]If the TT catches you then, in this case, you will have to pay the difference in amount between the tickets as well as a fine of Rs 250 or more. Traveling with a waitlisted ticket is also not allowed.
Can I travel in general with a reservation ticket?
GENERAL CONDITIONS: The Railway Administration reserves seats, couchettes, compartments or transport in accordance with the rules and conditions published in the Bus Tariff. A passenger wishing to reserve a berth or seats must purchase tickets only from the railway reservation offices/authorized travel agency.
How can I book a train ticket by mobile?
Log in to the URL https://www.irctc.co.in/mobile with your existing IRCTC ID and password.
- Click on Book a ticket and fill in the details to plan my trip.
- Select the train and continue with the reservation.
- Use the existing passenger list or add passengers.
- Confirm booking details and pay by credit/debit card to succeed.
Can I travel in 2 seconds with a general ticket?
If no accommodation is available in 2S, it is not possible to board a reserved compartment with a general ticket. The general ticket authorizes travel only in the non-reserved (general) compartment.
How can I get a general ticket?
Passengers can book tickets by following these steps:
- Log in to the app and select the “Book a ticket” option.
- Select the “Normal Booking” option on the next screen.
- Enter source and destination stations.
- Select the number of passengers, class and type of train in the next screen.
Is the couchette class reserved?
Yes of course. Sleeper Class, Non-AC Chair Car, AC Chair Cars, AC 3 TIER, AC 2 TIER and AC FIRST CLASS, all of these require booking with reservations prior to the start of the trip. These are fully booked and are visited by TTE to check and inspect their tickets.
Is the general ticket available online?
Rail travelers can now book general tickets without reservation online. Rail travelers can now book reservationless general tickets online from today (November 1). To enjoy the facility, passengers need to download UTS on the mobile app from Google Play or Windows Store.
Can I travel in 3ac with a general ticket?
What is the amount of the penalty for traveling in 3AC with a general fine? If you board a train with General Ticket at any time in any coach, you will not be charged any penalty if there is space on the coach you are on. But if there is no space in the coach you are in, then you will be charged minimum penalty of Rs. 250.
What is the difference between a reserved ticket and an unreserved ticket on trains?
What is the difference between a reserved ticket and an unreserved ticket on the train? The reserved ticket is the ticket that is reserved in the reserved train, with the car number and the berth number. An unreserved ticket on a train means you can board the train without a car number or seat number.
Can an unreserved ticket be canceled?
If an unused unreserved ticket is presented for cancellation, the full fare will be refunded after deduction of secretarial costs per passenger provided the ticket is handed over for cancellation to the station master. (i) within 3 hours of ticket issuance.
What is the meaning of the sleeper ticket?
https://www.wordreference.com/definition/sleeper. 3 a railway car with beds or special sleeping compartments. The ticket includes the use of a bed in one of these cars (at a higher price).
What is an unreserved ticket?
“Unreserved Seating/Standing” means that the area has a limited number of seats available on a first-come, first-served basis. For those without a seat, there is room to stand and watch the show behind the seats. If you want a seat, we suggest you arrive in time.
How to book a sleeper ticket online?
How can I book a train ticket online?
- Visit the Goibibo website/app and go to the IRCTC trains page.
- Enter the “From” and “To” destinations, select the travel date from the calendar icon and click the Search button.
- After finding a preferred train, click check availability, then click Book Now.
How do I get UTS paper tickets?
How do I remove the printout from the paper ticket? The passenger must go to the source station and take the printout from the ATVM, CoTVM, OCR machines using the booking ID. Passengers can also go to the UTS reservation desk to print their ticket. Traveling without a printed ticket will result in a penalty.
How do I book a sleeper train ticket?
A step-by-step guide to booking tickets on IRCTC (with screenshots!)
- Step 1: Log into your IRCTC account.
- Step 2: Enter your trip details.
- Step 3: Choose a train and class from the displayed list.
- Step 4: Check availability.
- Step 5: Enter passenger details and preferences.
- Step 6: Check details and pay.
What are the rules for non-reserved tickets in Indian Railways?
Reservationless Ticketing System (UTS)
- Passengers can purchase a ticket without reservation 3 (three) days in advance (excluding the day of travel) for a journey of 200 (two hundred) kilometers and more.
- Passengers can purchase tickets without a reservation involving travel of any distance on the same day.
Is the UTS App ticket valid?
Are paperless tickets generated using the UTS mobile app valid on Central Railway in Mumbai? Yes. They are very valid. Not only tickets, but you can also renew your subscription.
Can the sleeper ticket be upgraded to AC?
You can upgrade your sleeper class train ticket to 3AC for free. The objective of this program is to achieve optimum use of available sleeping berths on trains by reallocating vacant ones to passengers who have opted to upgrade to car class, which in turn will help to move the seats in the list of d waiting for the list of confirmed passengers.
Can we sleep in couchette class during the day?
In other words, the total hosting time has been reduced to 8 hours from the previous 9 hours. The circular also specifies that a passenger who has booked an upper side berth can use the lower side berth for seating during the day.